Gold and Lead
- Awarded after a session. Usually between 1 and 5 xp
- Automatic! You get an XP for turning up and playing.
- Learning Curve – What did your character learn? Make a suggestion and see if I agree with it.
- Roleplaying – Entertaining or appropriate – this is a good point to shoot for.
- Heroism – Did the character do something heroic (but not stupid or suicidal) or otherwise rise to the occasion?
- Session writeups – what your character thinks about what’s happening. I like reading them, and you can send them to me secretly.
- Awarded after a story, or plot arc in the warm glow of reflection or self-awareness after something is complete.
- Success! – Did the characters succeed in their goals?
- Danger! – Did the characters survive harsh odds and Grave Danger?
- Wisdom! – Did the player come up with something brilliant or spontaneous that actually helped.
- Needs some practice or training for new things
- Attributes – The New dot rating x5
- Skills – The New dot rating x3
- Skill Specialty – 3 points
- Merit – New dots x2
- Abe wants to improve his trusty sidekick retainer from 2 to 3 dots – this costs 6xp.
- Billy wants to be a gunslinger – he has no dots in that 3-dot merit – this costs 2+4+6 = 12xp